Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chemo; day 2 - Anyone get the license # of that truck?

All day yesterday (first full day after chemo) and this morning, I was saying; "Hey, this isn't so bad," I was eating and drinking. Food tasted good and I was enjoying having to eat all the time to keep food in my stomach and bowels (doctors' orders). I felt good enough to go about my daily routine. In fact, I felt just fine.

Then - around noon today -  it hit me like a truck. I just felt zapped; overwhelmed with 'blah'. All I  could do was lay back in my lazy boy and sleep.

Although sleep sounds nice (and I'm usually good at 'sleeping off' the flu) this wasn't an easy slumber. (It's the hottest day of the year and the ceiling fan was going full tilt so it's almost comfortable.)   I woke up after a couple hours and had a crushing feeling in my chest and back like I'd slept on my back too long. So I got up and walked around which brought quick relief. I'm not  tired enough to sleep but after trying to do things I get fatigued and have to sit down. ChemoNurse said to listen to my body but it's sending me mixed signals. This is like having a really bad flu without the puking (thank heavens for the pills).

The new starter for our boat has finally come in (after waiting 6 weeks) so I install that. It'll be nice to get the boat on the water after waiting all summer for a break in baseball (work). I was a little worried about going out in the sun but it only took a few minutes to install . I've gotten very good at swapping starters in the process of installing three new starters trying to get one that both fits and works. This one works perfectly. 

No comments: