Friday, August 13, 2010

Chemo; day 3 - overwhelming blaahh

Sleeping through the night is getting harder to do. Wife says this is because daytime naps are getting longer. I'm still zapped by this. I don't feel terrible but just bad enough to not want to do very much. Eating is becoming harder as a lot of things don't sound good anymore (there are still plenty of things that sound good so no fear finding food).

Napping today is easier than yesterday. It's cool and rainy all day - surprise for the forecasters. There's golf on TV (good for sleep) so I sleep all afternoon.

I'm not worried about constipation any more (hmmm) that's always a relief.

The nausea (I'm learning how to spell nausea) creeps in occasionally. I take the booster pill (Prochlorperazine - or #2 on my little chart) and that knocks it down. A friend from NY sent me three whole tins of "Queasy Drops" that seem to work, too (even with the pills, I can feel it lurking).  ChemoNurse told me not to wait to take 'boosters' for nausea - knock it down right away before it gets any momentum. (Same thing they told me for pain pills after my biopsy.)

I get out between rain showers to tend my caterpillars. I raise moths as a hobby and the caterpillars are in little netting bags tied to the branches. These need to be moved to new branches after the caterpillars run out of food. [Check out my 'mothman' web site for more]

The garden needs tending but the mosquitos are so fierce that it's not worth the fight. I make a couple quick drives into the 'jungle' hoping the little blighters will think my blood has a bad taste (with all the chemicals) and leave me alone.  Wrong.

Wife talks me into going out for dinner - good idea. We hit our favorite fish fry place and split a steak dinner.  Crazy! Know what else is crazy? I ordered a Spotted Cow and couldn't get down more than a couple sips. That's crazy!




No comments: