The fourth anniversary of my surgery has come and gone.
I can't believe it's only been four years (actually my wife had to remind me that it was November 19) it seems like it's been a lifetime. These four years have been a gift for me. If I hadn't had the surgery I'd have been dead at least three years by now. I hope I am making the best of these new years.
I have done my best to do the following:
- Share time with our two grandchildren.
- Share time with our kids.
- Study writing; fiction and non-fiction (on this blog and others).
- Study guitar (learn a new song - at least one - every month).
- Volunteer a few hours a week along with my wife.
- Maintain the thriving young forest/woodlot which we started planting 15 years ago.
- Study woodworking - making things out of trees gown on - and harvested from - family woodlots.
- Umpire youth baseball/softball and coach junior bowling.