Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You give me fever.

Last night's fever of 100.0 doesn't seem like much but I'd already taken two ibuprofen for a headache (crick in the neck) that I seem to be getting more often now too. 


For the past two weeks I have been geting a low grade fever (99 - 102) every evening around supper time. I take two ibuprofen and it goes away in about 15 minutes, not to recure again until the next evening.  I've learned that two aspirine have no effect (because I tried it one night and I had to wait four hours - with the fever - to take two ibuprofen.)

My doctors are a bit more concerned about this than they are about the night sweats but they still don't seem to know what to do with it. They keep taking blood cultures (that come back negative) and the latest was to send me back to my Oncologist (who just sent me back to my doctors saying my cancer was cured and the fever must be a blood infection).

I had thought the fever may follow agititation of my lower abdomen (riding in cars or walking tends to irritate whatever is down there). Now that I'm trying to walk at least a mile a day (to get back in shape for baseball) I figured the fever would start spiking every day as well. And it has. But now it even spikes on the days I don't walk.


No comments: