Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Months After Surgery

Surgery Plus Three Months
Everything is healed now. The new bladder seems to be working. I have good control during the day (one of the 90% according to my surgeon). I am really not sure about the nights because the night sweats have been waking me up so often and I just go while I'm up.
Basically, I'm feeling good and I've started walking to build up my endurance and strength. I still don't feel back to normal and it hurts to ride in the car (bumps and cracks in the road).


I have seen my doctor - and he has seen me. 

After my Oncologist gave me a clean bill of health (cancer-wise), I returned to my regular doctor's office to talk about my remaining problems: night sweats, fevers, and fatigue.

He is very concerned about the fevers which are now spiking (between 99 and 102) every day around dinner time. He walked into the exam room and the first thing he said - after 'hello' - was 'you look anemic'. We then proceded to talk about the blood tests (including blood culture) and the CT scan results. He said there was a slight swelling in one kidney and this was a good candidate for causing the fever. All the blood tests were negative except for a borderline hemoglobin and slightly reduced kidney function.

He put me on a 10 - day course of Cipro antibiotic and started me on Iron pills and One-a-day vitamins. Hopefully this will knock out the fevers and give me some more pep.

He's not so concerned about the night sweats and says that they can be caused by just about anything. I assume he means, let's clear up this infection and then worry about the lesser problems.



3 comments:

Bladder cancer said...

This is your luck that you get good adviser, i mean good doctor, but not all people lucky as you. Some people had suffered lot due to wrong treatment...

Hira said...

The procedure involves the complete removal of the urinary bladder and the surrounding lymph nodes and is coupled with the removal of prostate in male patients. An Ileal Conduit (IC) is a urinary diversion, which allows the excretion of urine, forming in the kidney. Radical Cystectomy with Ileal Conduit is one of the most commonly used surgical procedures for the management of carcinomas that involve the urinary bladder. Bladder cancer treatments Germany

Shazia said...

Transitional Cell Carcinoma is the most common among the three types and like most cancers; it starts with growth of tumor within the organ. The last type, Adenocarcinoma, is the rarest and only about two percent of bladder cancer patients yearly have been recorded to have Adenocarcinoma. This cancer starts in the glandular linings of organs and spreads quickly. People who have Adenocarcinoma are likely to acquire the disease again even after successful treatment. Bladder cancer hospitals Thailand