Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy New Year.

Hello 2013! What's up?

As I pass into the new year I look back BRIEFLY, if only to count the years since my surgery and thank God for the 3 years I have been given. Okay, that's it - onward....

Status:

My Creatinin levels have stabilized (again) at 2.1 so the doctors are happy. Before last fall they had stabilized at 1.9 and they were happy with that, as well. I have to wonder if this is going to continue and these levels are going to continue to slowly creep up. Does it mean that my kidneys (or one remaining good one) are deteriorating and will continue to do so until... ?

I feel good. No kidding and I'm not just 'dancing' around this [see 14Aug12 blog 'May I have this dance']. I don't feel the same as I felt before this all happened but who feels the same as they did 3 years ago, anyway.

I have noticed a real decline in strength and endurance over the past few months. I also have had problems with being too cold in the day and too hot at night (no matter how many covers). I have been loosing weight at a time of the year when I usually gain (how can I complain about that?). I have only just talked to my doctor about this (I put it off for fear that he would say I was just getting older) and he checked my Thyroid levels. These are, in fact a bit out of whack so I am scheduled for some followup tests:  and have an appointment with an endocrinologist. Stay tuned.

Thanks.

No comments: