Monday, August 19, 2013

Progress with kidney.

Progress with kidney? Not much.


This morning I took my last dose of antibiotics that I've been taking for a week to knock out the staff aureus infection I had in this kidney. I still have the nephrostomy but the bag doesn't get nearly enough 'action' - maybe a teaspoon per day. I will have my blood tested again this week to see if the creatinine has gone down. I'm hopeful but not very optimistic. This kidney doesn't seem to be doing much of anything even with this tube giving it a clear drain-way.

I still bike to work every day and we drove 2 hours to Green Bay on Sunday to see the tall ships. I'm no longer feeling knocked out by the antibiotics and I'm taking a pro-biotic to help my digestion. So I feel fine. The nephrostomy hasn't been a problem but it will be nice to get it out just the same. But I'm in no hurry - just in case.



No comments: