Sunday, September 1, 2013

May God bless you...

A song on my brain this morning.


I woke up this morning with a song going through my head. This is pretty normal for me. It's usually a  'real' song but sometimes it's just a tune that I can't place in my memory. This morning it was "The Sabbath Prayer" from "Fiddler on the Roof". This is one of the most beautiful songs I know and what a great way to start the day. It makes me wonder what I was dreaming. 

Many years ago I was in the cast of a production of 'Fiddler' by the Children's Theater of Madison and that song gave me goosebumps every time we sang it. It still has the same effect when I hear it or think about it. "May God bless you, and grant you long lives..."

These days I get up early in the morning - usually before the sun - and a couple hours before the rest of the family starts rousing. This gives me time to go over whatever 'tunes' are in my head. Since my bout with cancer, this time has become even more important to me.  Recently I heard someone say that every hour we add in the morning is an hour added to our lives.  So even as beautiful as my dreams must have been, I am glad to be awake and alive this morning. I am glad to be ahead of the sun. I will soon enough have forever "... To sleep, perchance to Dream; ..."

"May the Lord protect and defend you. May the Lord preserve you from pain..."

Is it in your head yet? You could do worse.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Favor them oh lord
With happiness and peace
Oh hear our Sabbath prayer
Amen
:)

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed along with your writing abilities and also with
the structure on your blog. Is that this a paid
subject or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent
quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one today..



Feel free to visit my page - novoline spiele kostenlos spielen