Monday, October 21, 2013

Good news

Blood test results: 

My last visit with my urologist he removed the nephrostomy and informed me that my left kidney had - for all practical purposes - shut down. I expressed deep concern for the welfare of my remaining good kidney and since he shared this concern, he scheduled me for monthly blood tests to assure that my levels (creatinine, pH, Sodium, Phosphate, etc.) remain stable and withing acceptable ranges.

The first of these tests - last week - confirmed that all levels are stable. My creatinine has dropped from 2.5 to 2.3 (the lowest it's been for a year). My urologist calls this stable. When my level rose to 2.5 he was quick to point out that a one or two point change is not significant and could just be 'noise'. But I take this as significant in that the 'noise' has gone down and not up.

A deep sigh of relieve can be heard all throughout our household.

No comments: