Thursday, November 21, 2013

Just Another Day

Just another day

When I got home from work the other day, my wife asked me if I'd been thinking about this day. My heart stopped for an instant as I scanned my memory for something I'd missed: anniversary, birthday, valentines day, sweetest day? No, none of those. Then she said that it has been three years since my surgery. Hmm, so it has. How about that. It seems like so much longer ago than that. 

What an amazing and miraculous thing that was. Not only did that surgery save my life but it gave my life back to me to the extent that such a day has become just another day. Isn't life great!

PS. I do remember the Thanksgiving Day following that surgery. When my family gathered that year we had so much to be thankful for. I will remember that day again when we gather this year - right along with all the other days that we've had together - and give thanks. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give thanks :)

~B