Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally feeling fine.

Feeling fine!
I've met with my doctor again for another series of blood tests and follow up on my condition. I have now completed a 10-day course of Cyproflaxin antibiotic to treat a slight swelling in my left kidney and to knock down these fevers which I've been having. The fevers stopped two days into this treatment and my blood counts were slightly better. I am to continue taking Iron Sulfide tablets for anemia (low red blood count) and one-a-day multi-vitamins to help build up my energy levels. We are very happy with all this and will meet again in a month for another check. 

Looking up: 

It no longer hurts me to travel in the car (jostling of my gut from the cracks in the road ), my fevers are gone, and the night sweats are either much milder or completely gone (on any given night). 

I have been walking for exercise nearly every day (even these really cold days) and I have worked myself up to being able to do a mile with no difficulty. This is a huge boost to my spirits as I only have a month to get ready for my  highschool baseball season. I am now anxious for the snow to melt so I can begin riding my bike again.

Depressed?
During the meeting with my doctor - at the end, after covering all the physical progress - he asked me if I was having any spells of depression. I said; "No, none at all" Quite the oposite, actually. I am very happy and content with the overall success of this treatment and feel that the challenges I am facing are an incredibly small price to pay. And when taken in context with all that has happened to me - all that has been accomplished in order to save my life - quite insignificant.

No comments: