Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Happy

Sometimes, lately, I get this happy feeling - just out of the blue, you know? For no particular reason and without anything else going on. I can just be standing and looking out the window. Or walking in the yard.

It's not even 'happy'. No, that word doesn't do it justice at all.

Satisfied, content, at peace? No, not those either - but they could be part of it.

Ecstatic, thrilled, overjoyed, euphoric?  Those are other words that may be in there too, but they don't fully define it either.

It's a little like the feeling that I just aced an exam or wrote a paper that was dead on the point and now I'm just waiting to get it back so I can see the superlatives written by the grader (I will be so disappointed if there is merely an 'A+' grade). My triumph requires a response in kind. (but I digress).

This feeling seems to sit just under the surface of my consciousness and I only notice it at random times when it just pops up and says; "hey". 

There's no rhyme or reason. But it's nice when it happens and I just kind of think - wow!

No comments: