We sit in a very nice prep room and host a parade of professionals as they each apply their magic - after I strip down and put on hospital gown ("the last suit you will ever wear").
- Wrist band ID (now I can go on all the rides).
- Wrist band blood type match - just in case.
- Vital signs.
- Sign consent forms.
- anti-nausea pill.
- Blood draw for lab.
- Shave (you know where).
- Meet with the Ostomy Nurse - to mark where the hole will be in my belly (for tubes, etc). This should be temporary unless there is reason to abort the neo-bladder and go with a permanent Urostomy (ugh).
- Meet with the anesthetist.
- Meet with the surgeon (he's bright eyed and bushy tailed - had a good night's sleep and is ready to go.)
- Debi packs up all my stuff (clothes, cell phone, ipod, and glasses - I won't need to see).
A hug and a kiss from Debi and away I go ....