Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's down to hours.

Bowel Prep under way....
T minus 11 hours and every thing's been go (literally) for a couple hours. It's all clear now and ready for launch (or lunch - but that will have to wait). I was a little nervous because half way through that 4 liters of stuff I threw up (seemed like a lot). I was pumping it in too fast, I guess - maybe 10 oz every 10 minutes. I backed off on the rate and the rest stayed down just fine.

Now I'm watching Charley Browne Thanksgiving and taking the massive doses of antibiotic to really clean the pipes.  I'm feeling pretty good. I've been cold all afternoon but I put another log in the stove now and I'm toasty warm.

The hospital called a couple hours ago and said I was first on the surgeon's schedule so I need to be at the hospital at 5:15 for surgery at 8:00. The nurse said I could stay on clear liquids until midnight but nothing (not even water) after that.

My regular doctor called this afternoon to see if I was okay (pretty nice huh). She suggested sucking on lime before and after each glass of that golytely. That helped a lot because when I had my colonoscopy a few years ago I couldn't finish the bottle and they had to give me an enema or two when I got to the hospital. We chatted for quite a while and she assured me that I was very lucky to have this surgeon as he is very good. She eased my mind and now I'm ready for the show.

I'm getting so much support from family and friends that it's hard to get down in spirits.  It's a great feeling - this outpouring of thoughts, prayers, and love. Thank you all!

No comments: