Monday, August 16, 2010

Chemo; day 6 - back to feeling normal

What a beautiful day!! Weather is perfect. Looks like it will be the nicest day of the whole week (or maybe even month).

I woke up this morning feeling perfectly normal again. Went for a bike ride (after eating something, of course). Hauled a pinball machine, I've been been fixing for a friend, into my basement where it's closer to me and my instruments. It was getting in the way where it was and this will make it easier for me to work on if it's in my basement. [More about this pinball repair project]

finished version of 8-legged stool
Proceeded with sanding the top of another 8-legged stool.  These are some silly little stools  (that my brother designed) that are fun - and challenging - to make.

It's starting to register in my brain what the strategy of this Chemo-therapy is all about. This is my day for my body to return to normal. My body has survived this round of 'poisoning' and it has recovered. Tomorrow they will sample my blood  to see if my Kidneys are still working and my blood is back to normal. If everything checks out, they have learned that the doses they gave me last week were correct. I believe that if I had recovered yesterday and was feeling normal, they may be tempted to tweak up my doses tomorrow. If I still felt shitty today they may have backed them off a little.

Anyway, today is my day to feel normal again before I prepare for another week of - whatever comes. The weather is great. There is a nice breeze to keep the mosquitoes away so I can catch up on some gardening. With time and energy left over to catch and relocate another chipmunk, work some more wood, go to Perkins for dinner with Wife and Son2, and to end the day with a nice glass of wine. A great day to be alive.

AND I am in a good enough mood to catch up on my BLOGing.

No comments: