Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blood in Urine - three strikes

Tonight I got home after umpiring two legion games at Cottage Grove and when I pee'd it was red. This is the third time this has happened in two weeks so tomorrow I'll call my doctor.

The other two times happened within the past two weeks and only after umpiring the plate on a hot day as well. After I cooled down and had some more water the pee was normal color again so I didn't think much of it. I remember feeling like I'd passed something (maybe a stone) but it didn't hurt, particularily, and I couldn't see anything in the toilet.

The first two times were while I was taking an antibiotic for possible Lyme Disease (Doxycyclin 15 day - June 3 to June 18) and one of the side effects listed was dark urine or red urine.

  • June 12, 2010 first noticed blood in urine after umping behind the plate at a 14 year old - 7 inning - game.
  • June 17, 2010 second noticed blood in urine after umping double header (both behind the plate). Two 7 inning games.

No comments: