Saturday, July 31, 2010

day four - worry about operation itself

Today I woke up early worrying about the operation itself. This is a perhaps a good change since the cancer is taking the back seat for a while, at least.

The surgeon said the incision will be like hernia surgery and I am remembering when Debi had that surgery. She was in a great deal of pain and couldn't take the pain stuff because it make her sick (and one thing you DON'T want with stitches in your stomach muscles is to throw up). It was amazing how much of your normal movement and bodily function involves the stomach muscles.

I think I'd rather worry about recovering from surgery - which has finite healing time and more definate results - than cancer which seems to be wide open and much more indefinate.

Anyway, I went back to sleep and actually slept in (till 9:00 which is unheard of for me).

No comments: