Friday, July 16, 2010

Feaver Pitch

Woke up this morning feeling like I have a flu. I feel terrible and have a fever of 99.5.

I called Urologist (nurse called me back) and fear I have an bladder infection from the cytoscope procedure. Scheduled me for urine sample and subscribed antibiotic course (Ciprofloxacin) starting right away. Assume it's an infection and get after it right away - it takes couple days for results to come back and three days to clear it up. And there is a weekend coming up.....

I slept all morning - I was conked out till after lunch and didn't even feel like going to the clinic for the sample till after 2.

Maybe I overdid yesterday by working two 7 inning games behind the plate in the morning followed by a 7-inning game (on bases) last night. I felt fine in the morning but started feeling bad in the afternoon and the evening game was hard to get through.

This evening I had bad pain in lower abdomen and a real feeling of bloating. I was afraid I wasn't able to pee and I called Dean On Call. I talked to on-call nurse who agreed that it sounded like a bladder infection.

She me back to message center to talk to Urologist's on-call person.
Urologist called back - herself! Said to take second pill today ( don't wait 12 hours) at bed time. She said if fever got over 101 or felt like I wasn't peeing then go to emergency room or urgent care. Felt better after call

Tylenol is working for fever. Was up to 100.5 - now down to 99.

No comments: